Save the date: October 19-21, 2020
Integrated Health Literacy Research / Practice / Policy Virtual Conference Set for October 19-21, 2020
(June 17, 2020) For the first time, health literacy professionals will be able to attend a single conference integrating research, practice, and policy. The Institute for Healthcare Advancement (IHA), the Horowitz Center for Health Literacy at the University of Maryland, and the producers of the Health Literacy Annual Research Conference (HARC) are teaming up for the virtual event, scheduled for October 19-21, 2020.
This virtual, integrated continuing education conference brings together two health literacy educational events—HARC and Health Literacy in Action (HLiA):
- HARC has a 10-year history of highlighting the best in health literacy research
- The HLiA conference, co-sponsored by IHA and the Horowitz Center, has for the past 2 years showcased practice and policy ideas to advance health literacy and health equity
- IHA brings its 19 years’ experience in providing operational solutions to improve health literacy and health equity from its annual west coast conference
Conference coordinators Michael Villaire (IHA), Cynthia Baur, Ph.D (Horowitz Center) and Michael Paasche-Orlow, MD (HARC) are creating an innovative, cross-disciplinary agenda highlighting current health literacy research, practice, and policy. The agenda will provide examples of how research informs practice, practice provides insights for research, and policy helps to implement improvements arising from these insights.
A Special Issue of Health Literacy Research and Practice, including presented abstracts, will be produced from this conference.
Who should attend:
- Public health and healthcare practitioners
- Policy advocates
- Health communication professionals
- Health information writers/editors
- Social services professionals
- Community, consumer, and patient advocates
- Health literacy organizers/promoters
This event will be held virtually on October 19-21. Registration information, agenda, continuing education information, conference objectives, and more will be posted on this website.